Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving

The weeks leading up to going home for Thanksgiving were quite stressful with all of our soccer traveling. It was so nice to go to the airport without all of my soccer gear and uniforms. When I woke up Wed morning to head home, I was nervous that my flight would be delayed because of the horrible storm! It was raining so hard outside I didn't know if was ever going to stop. By the time my flight left, the weather had cleared up enough for my flight to take off.

When arrived home in Columbus, the weather was very cold and rainy, but a smile was put on my face the moment I saw my family. I had not seen my sisters since I left for school the beginning of August, so I was beyond excited to see them. As for the rest of my family, it had still been a month since I had seen my parents, and two months since I saw my brothers.

Throughout the whole break, I spent most of my time with my family. I did get to see my friends, a few times, but with it being such a short break, my focus went to my family. We had a really nice Thanksgiving! Tons of food, especially sweet potatoes, one of my favorite foods! We also got a little bit of Christmas shopping done.

Before I left to come back to Memphis on Sunday, we finished putting up our Christmas tree. We always put up our tree together, so my mom wanted to make sure I was there to par-take in the events.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's good. You were able to go...without all the extra baggage (literally). Hope you had fun.