Saturday, December 1, 2007

St. Jude's Marathon

This morning I woke up early to go cheer on people at the St. Jude's Marathon. I originally planned on running in this event, but due to being sick, I decided to just go watch because I wanted to be part of such a good cause. Even though I was disappointed not being able to run in the event, it was an extremely heart touching experience I think everyone should endure.

I understand that everyone has very busy lives, but events like the St. Jude's Marathon are important to attend. It was truly amazing to see all the people come together to run in the marathon and half marathon events, and also all the volunteers and fans cheering on the sides.

Each year thousands of children with a variety of diseases and illnesses are saved by St. Jude's Hospital, but none of that could be accomplished if it wasn't for the support of the community around it. Because St. Jude's runs soley on the money and time people donate, this hospital would not be a success without our support.

It was really nice to see how excited everyone running in the race, and watching was. This is one event that I wish everyone could experience.

No comments: