Saturday, December 1, 2007

There are a lot of things you have to do in life that you don't necessarily want to do, but I have learned that you will only make it worse if you go into it with a bad attitude. Over the past few years, a lot of instances have occured where I have had to do something I didn't want to. The end result didn't have to be as bad as my feeling going into it though. Rather than going into things with a bad attitude, I have learned to go into things open minded and positive.

All the time spent dwelling on reasons not to have fun and enjoy myself, could have been used more productively on other topics. Since I made an effort to go into everything more positive, I have enjoyed and done a lot more things that I thought I ever would have. Instead of passing up opportunities to do things I normally wouldn't have done, I have participated in them, and gone into them with positive thoughts.

When going into things like this, it is rare not to find something I liked about it. And even if it wasn't something I liked, I usually enjoyed myself with the people around me. Too many people seem to focus on the negative of everything instead of looking on the bright side of things. The more time spent on the dark side, the harder it is to get into the light and have fun.

4 comments:

cmd9488 said...

You havr a really good attitude about things. If more people thought the way you did, they would be much happier.

RiCuS said...

This sounds like one of my mother's speeches! She always gets on to me about this! Sometimes it is so hard to smile while doing something, especially when you don't want to do it!

Kameshia Williams said...

I think of thing in the same way because if you dont believe in yourself or if no one give you that extra push nothing will get done. First of all you must try on your on then if you feel you cant dont go on to the next project process in and finish the first thing you have started

jmconnll said...

I totally agree, whenever I tell myself to have a good attitude about things they normarlly turn out a lot better then if I didnt. Being positive makes everything better in life.